The SLCUSD Summer Experience will actively engage ALL students, allowing them to learn, grow, and develop, in a flexible, safe, and supportive environment. Participants will be part of a program that they cannot wait to be a part of each year that inspires passion and a love of learning. Students will experience hands-on, highly engaging programs allowing them to employ innovative, creative problem-solving skills to confront real life challenges.
The Summer Experience is not your traditional summer school. Summer Experience allows all students to learn, grow, and actively engage in their development, in a flexible, safe, and supportive environment. Strong community partnerships support students with highly engaging, hands-on learning that encourages the development of innovative, problem-solving skills to confront real life challenges.
Goals for the Summer Program
- Academic Achievement - Students will make measurable, sustainable progress to reach their academic goals.
- Opportunities for All – Students will have equitable access to quality learning opportunities.
- Engagement of Students – Students will develop a deeper connection to school and interest in becoming life-long, engaged learners, through motivating programs that allow them to explore their community.
- High Quality Staff – Students will be provided instruction from high quality, caring, and motivated staff, in connection with community partners.
- Quality Care - Families will have access to comprehensive summer programs for their children that include food, transportation, and childcare as needed.